Curious of what your home is currently worth? I'll create a detailed report for you free and drop off a hard copy to your home. Click on the link below, enter your info and receive your
Future Homeowners Share American Dream
Two recently released reports indicate that both young adults (Millennials) and teenagers (Generation Z) still see homeownership as an important piece of their future success.A report by The Demand Institute, Millennials and Their Homes: Still Seeking the American Dream, revealed that the Millennial Generation is optimistic about their financial future and still believe in homeownership. The findings were based on a survey of millennial households (ages 18 to 29).The report predicted that:
- 8.3 million new Millennial (Gen Y) households will form in the next five years
- $1.6 trillion will be spent on home purchases by Millennials and $600 billion on rent over the next five years
- 74% expect to move within the next five years
- 79% expect their financial situation to improve
- 75% believe homeownership is an important long-term goal
- 73% believe homeownership is an excellent investment
- 24% already own their home and
- An additional 60% plan to buy a home in the future
- 44% do think it would be difficult to qualify for a mortgage
- 82% of Gen Z teens indicate that homeownership is the most important factor in achieving the American Dream.
- 89% said owning a home is part of their interpretation of the American Dream
- 97% believe they will own a home
- 77% percent chose owning a home over owning a business
Bottom LineIt seems that the belief that homeownership as a huge part of the American Dream still beats in the hearts of the young people of this country.
Jason has been a real estate broker since 2005 and has continued to sharpen his skills to become one of the most outstanding agents in Portland. Working with Jason you will find that he is an excelle....
Latest Blog Posts
$1500000 / 1816ft2 - Close in SE Portland pocket community of brand new homes for sale. The... 10 Bed )